Monday 30 March 2015

Reader's dilemma: Next book

The struggle is real!

Every reader's nightmare... Finding the next book to read.

I finished a cutesy contemporary book a couple days ago, and haven't read anything since. Finding the next read is hard work. I don't know what mood I'm in. Do I feel like staying in the real world and reading about real life problems? Am I in the mood for some escaping from evil governments? Do I want to enter the terrifying post-apocalyptic world where 99% of the population is dead?

The problem with reading is there are so many options ALL THE TIME. It's like yes, I want to read a dystopian, but... Do I want to read about teens trying to take down the government? Do I want to read about these 2 lovers trying to escape the oppressing powers of a dictator? I don't know... There are too many choices. I can't just pick one.

And once I narrow it down to a few books, then there's the question of whether I'm in the mood to read thick books or thin books. And which book has smaller text and which has larger text. And the issue of spacing. If the words on the pages are large and widely spaced out, then it'll be a quick read. I'll be done a few chapters in like 5 seconds. But if the words are microscopic small and don't have spaces between lines, then it'll feel like Ive only read 5 pages in 10 years. It's all about how patient I'm feeling. If I'm impatient, then I'll go for the short, super-big-texted, widely-spaced-out book. If I'm feeling rather patient, then I'll go for the longer, smaller-texted book.

It's so hard for me to pinpoint how I'm feeling in terms of reading. But once I find a decent book and dive into it, I'll forget all about my dilemma. That is until I finish that book and need to find a new book...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.