Wednesday 6 May 2015

When my brain refuses to help me out

The other day I was on Tumblr and I came across this gif of the "All I Want For Christmas Is You" performance from Love Actually, where the little girl (I don't know her name) is singing the song and she points at a little boy who's playing the drums. I saw the little boy and immediately I was like I KNOW HIM!... from somewhere...

I stared at the gif of the little boy for the LONGEST time. I was literally clutching my head, begging my brain to give me the simple answer of who that boy was. I knew the boy looks almost exactly the same now, but I couldn't place him. Who is this kid!? He was ruining my mental state. I was driving myself insane trying to figure out his name. After like, I don't know, 5 minutes of pure hardcore concentration and thinking, I gave up. I'd already used up all my brainpower. I really wanted to figure it out on my own without the internet; it was a pride thing, I wanted to show myself how smart and capable I am by thinking of the name of that boy by myself. Stupid thing to think, I know, but pride is a strange thing.

But I couldn't do it anymore. I searched it up and almost smacked myself because once I was the picture of the guy, it was soooooo obvious. Thomas Sangster. I swear, he looks exactly the same as he did in Love Actually. How in the world did I not get that?!

I absolutely hate that feeling. Knowing you know something, but you can't quite place your finger on it. It is literally the most aggravating thing in the history of the world. The name, place, fact, or whatever is always just at the tip of your tongue, but you just CAN'T get it.

I read somewhere that the more you think about the thing that you can't think of the name for the more your brain will go around the subject and prevent you from actually uncovering the answer. The brain is such a weird thing. I think our brains take pleasure in screwing with us like that. Just a little. Laughing at the way we struggle to grasp a certain fact.

Anyways, long story short, I strained my brain for 5 minutes trying to think of the name of the boy who OBVIOUSLY looked exactly like he does now. No one, I mean no one, could possibly look at that gif and not think that's Thomas Sangster. No one except me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.