Friday 29 May 2015

When you're nearing the end of...

Your favourite TV show...

I've been watching Breaking Bad for the past month or so, and I love the show to death, and ugh... it's just so good!

I'm on the last season now, which means once I've watched the last episode, there will be no more Breaking Bad. What am I going to do when I finished?! I'll have nothing, NOTHING, to watch. Breaking Bad is my life right now, once it's over, my life will be over. I'll get that same empty feeling I get when I watched that last episode of Glee or when I finish the last book in a series. I'll feel like there's nothing good left. I'll fall into some kind of post-ending depression. Netflix will be useless to me once Breaking Bad ends.

For those of you who haven't watched Breaking Bad, you don't know the awesomeness that is Breaking Bad. I never understood all the hype and I didn't think the show was anything great, but that's because I was naive and stupid. Now I've gotten my act together.

Since I started watching Breaking Bad, everything connects to the show. By everything, I mean everything. When I'm walking down the street, I'll look around and wonder if the person sitting on that bench or that person walking by is a meth cook or some kind of drug dealer. I see someone exchanging money with someone else, and my mind automatically assumes that's drug money.

I see blue crystals (not the blue crystals from Breaking Bad, but like blue rhinestones or rocks) and I think blue meth. I see KFC or some kind of chicken fast food place, I think Los Pollos. I see the green-tea-ice-cream coloured Pontiac Azte, or just any coloured Pontiac Aztek, and I think that's Walter's car. I hear the word "laundering" and I think Skylar. I see a car wash and Walter and Skylar's "car wash business" pops into my head. (If you haven't seen Breaking Bad, you might not get these references...)

My AP chemistry teacher reminds so much of Walter White that sometimes I suspect he's secreting cooking meth. He has the same beard style; he's super good at chemistry, organic chem was his major or whatever; hell, he even dresses like Walter (dress shirt tucked in, but kind of loose and informal looking). There's no reason he can't be cooking. 

It's even made me love chemistry just a little bit more. I already loved chemistry, but now, I just obsessed- chemistry, science is so cool- organic chemistry is the bomb. 

Once I finish the series, what's going to happen? Will I continue to think the way I do now? Will I forget all about my favourite series? What if the ending isn't good? Will the world end once I finish Breaking Bad? I'll have nothing to live for...

I've been trying to pace myself and watch only one episode a day to make the final season last longer. So far, that's not really working. With Netflix's autoplay, once the episode is over, it'll play the next one, and once I've seen like a second of it, I can't exit, I have to keep watching. And then I end up watching like, I don't know, 3 or 4 episodes. That's why I've gone through the series so fast. I've been trying to slow myself down, but it's not working. I can't help but watch just one more episode.

You guys have any recommendations for what I should watch next on Netflix once Breaking Bad ends? I need something to help me recover from Breaking Bad withdrawal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.