Sunday 12 October 2014

Addicted to that healthy life style

Lately I've been absolutely obsessed with eating and acting healthy. I don't know what "inspired" me to be more healthy... Maybe it was all those pictures on tumblr of hipsters drinking fruit infused water from those voss water bottles, or youtubers making videos on healthy snack recipes. Who knows...

But I feel like if I drink fruit infused water or eat healthy foods 24/7 I'll be like  one of those hipsters who are super healthy, and I don't know why, it makes me feel cool. And I know it's stupid of me to think that I'm "cool" just because I'm eating healthier, but don't deny it, being like the hipsters on the internet can make you feel pretty damn good about yourself.

I guess it's a good thing that the internet hipsters are influencing me to be healthier overall, I mean I'm drinking more water, eating better foods, and doing yoga. No more junk food for me! (Kidding, I still eat junk food; who doesn't eat junk food, please...) The idea of being healthier is so intriguing; the idea of being like someone from the internet is so cool; the idea of eating like Shailene Woodley is so awesome (that girl is soooooo like, I don't even know.... She's just so cool. She drinks natural spring water, or whatever it's called, from a natural spring that she goes to, in the mountains. Like she carries buckets of water down a mountain just so she can drink more natural water. If that's not cool, then I don't know what is... ). I think the internet has made us think acting healthier will make us seem somewhat cooler (which I don't think it does, but...). We think drinking voss water is cool, but I think that's weird. Why do we have to pay so much to drink fancy water from Norway or wherever it's from just to make ourselves appear hipster? You can get water that's just as drinkable from your tab, at home, for free. Like you know what I'm saying? It's crazy how far we'll go to look like the healthy-life-style-inspired hipsters. But there are perks to being like them... I'm a much healthier person now (I think...) because I try to eat like them and stuff.

Bloggers, youtubers, and people of the internet making healthy living cool is a bit too much for me, yet I still buy into that insanity; my whole life is full of paradoxes. Here I am ranting about people who change the way they eat or act to be like hipster or something, but I'm one of those people. I'm obsessively trying to live a healthy life style to the point where I'm just being weird.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.