Sunday 16 November 2014

Gone Girl is messing with my brain

** Note: I may or may not accidentally spoil parts of Gone Girl, so if you haven't read the book or seen the movie and do not want to know what happens, you may not want to read this. But if you're down with a few possible minor spoilers that may slip out, then, I guess, keep reading.

So a few days ago, my friend and I went to see Gone Girl, and it was the most amazing, terrifying, mind-fucking thing ever (and in the best way possible). There were twists after twists after twists; well, I guess they're not exactly twists but more of unraveling the story in a super scary what-the-hell, how-did-I-not-think-of-that way.

Background/little snippet of info about me: I like reading the books before watching the movies. Thus,  I tried my best to finish Gone Girl (the book) before watching the movie, but I couldn't wait! I had to see it!  I only ended up reading about 150 or so pages of the book, and there's about 400+ pages in total (... I'm so ashamed of myself for not having finished the book before watching the movie, not that it matters or anything, but still), so I didn't know much going into the movie, and didn't know it would be that... WHOA!. Like I was not expecting the story to go the way it did!

Annnyways.... I went into the theater and it was packed with half people around my age and half old people, which was, by the way, really awkward, especially during the sex scenes. Well, it will always be awkward watching those with anyone, or even by yourself. But back to the movie. I went in and guess what I saw. I SAW CHILDREN, like maybe 3-4 kids, IN THERE! WHY WERE THERE CHILDREN?? This movie is definitely NOT for children, one because the story/movie/book was pretty sexual, and two, it is traumatizing! Or maybe I was the only one traumatized... I don't know... Whatever...

So the movie ends, I go home, and then things started getting scary.  I started thinking about things like what if I married a psychotic person, or how toxic can one marriage get? And thinking about how there are people out there like Amy, who can get away with ANYTHING.

I think I made myself think I was seeing things or made myself think someone was behind me, ready to stab me in the back or something, and that's why I was so on edge. But of course, it was all my imagination. I kid you not. I ALWAYS make myself scared. It's terrible!


And that's not even the worst part! It gets even crazier. So at night, since I was so paranoid, I couldn't sleep. But being awake was scary too. So I was caught between staying awake with my thoughts or going to sleep and risk seeing terrifying things behind my eyelids. I was tired, so I was like it's all good. I can go to sleep, no one's gonna sneak up on you. Just chill out! So I close my eyes, and the instant I close them, I see what I thought was one of the most horrifying scenes from Gone Girl, the one where Amy is in Desi's Lake House, he leaves for work and then she dips her dress thing into the wine or whatever to make it look like blood and crawls on the floor towards the window where the security camera is and bangs on the window like she's trapped, but the scary part was the music, like some kind of violin music that goes from low pitch to super high pitch (I don't know why it was so scary, but it was to me, so don't judge!). Because my stupid mind likes playing tricks on me, and scaring the shit out of me, it twists the scene and I end up seeing one of those horrifying face/figure things you'd see when you wake up from REM sleep while your body's still in sleep paralysis. You know what I mean?

Like when you wake from REM sleep or whatever, and your body's still paralyzed but you're awake, and you open your eyes and see some of the scariest shit ever! Now do you know what I'm talking about? Maybe? No? Am I confusing you? Never mind.

So back to what I was talking about... I close my eyes, and see a terrifying scene from Gone Girl and then my mind manipulates it into something completely different and maybe even more petrifying.

After that, I gave up on sleeping, because I couldn't handle myself anymore. And I ended up watching The Fault in Our Stars to ease my mind.

But Gone Girl still haunts me... Even a couple days after watching the movie.

So, Gone Girl really messed with my brain. And is still messing with my brain!

As I'm writing this at 3am, I am FREAKING OUT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.