Saturday 29 November 2014

Assumptions are. Not. Cool.

I hate it when people go around making assumptions as if they are all mighty and knowledgeable. When people comment on something, not based on fact but on what they think is happening, it really. Pisses. Me. Off. Literally all I can think is the hell? Why you gotta go assuming things?! Are you cracked? Like honestly, WHY!!!???

Recently (more like a few months ago, but whatever) I decided I'm not going to eat whatever I want whenever I want, I am going to eat healthier! Why? Because I don't want to die early or accumulate some kind of disease.

But when I go out to eat with friends or just eating anywhere in general, I have gotten picky, I mean EVEN MORE picky, with what I eat. No fried anything. No high sodium/sugary foods. No processed foods (maybe more like less, because hey, everything's processed, I can't avoid it!). And when people see me deciding what's the healthiest thing to eat, they ALWAYS ask what are you doing? Why aren't you going to eat that? And to that I reply, I'm trying to eat healthier, that means no fried foods, etc, etc. Literally, no joke, they always say WHY??? YOU'RE SO SKINNY!! ARE YOU GOING ON SOME DIET!? JUST EAT IT! IT'S OKAY! IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S GOING TO KILL YOU! But yes, it will kill me eventually and a lot earlier than my expiry date.

I don't get why people's minds pair up "eating healthier" with "dieting". Eating healthier has nothing to do with dieting. For me I mean. It's crazy how they don't even ask or want to know why I want to eat healthier; they think they're God or something and can read my mind, know everything about me, and just "know" I'm making healthier choices because I'm "dieting". There is no way in hell I'm going to diet; I like eating too much, and there's no need for that.

It's so damn frustrating, you know? I want to eat healthier for me, not to conform to society's ideal image or whatever. I want to eat healthier because I want to do something good for my body and to stop harming it. I want to eat more foods that are from the earth (you know what I mean?), like organic, non-genetically modified foods, eat more fruits and vegetables.

To be honest, I kinda sick of eating man-made foods that only taste good, but do astonishing harm to your body. It's scary, man! I mean, we're putting all these toxins into ourselves, and just out right killing ourselves with overdoses of sodium, fat, sugar, carbs, etc, etc.

Anyways, back to the topic of assumptions... They are fucking annoying!

Be a good person, don't go around assuming things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.