Friday 12 December 2014

What's Christmas?

Oh my God! Christmas is almost here! 12 days till Christmas I believe... Don't know... Don't care... Well, more like don't have time to even care...

I have been insanely busy lately, and oh! I don't even have time to savour the Christmas spirit and festivity. Literally all I do these days is hide out in my room studying, doing homework and napping because I have SERIOUS sleep deprivation. It's soooooo bad! I can't even tell you! I'm gonna die from the proliferating lack of sleep, I swear. If I die, now you know why... But I've digressed...

Christmas! The most wonderful time of the year! Presents, trees, lights, snow (depending on where you live), Santa, and food!!!!! There's something about Christmas that just... I don't know... feels so good! There's an air about this holiday that makes me so excited that sometimes I'm on the verge of peeing my pants (jokes, of course).

It's not even about the presents or anything, but the presents do add a nice touch to the holiday, it's about the sense of overwhelming happiness. I love going to mall during December, not necessarily to shop, but just to feel the excitement and happiness. I don't know about you, but walking around the mall, with the stores decorated with fake snow (a pile of cotton or something on the floor) and lights and ornaments (ah! Everything's so awesome!), I can really feel Christmas approaching and it just makes me so jittery.

But of course, this year, I don't have time to be excited with all the work and stress I'm under. I feel like Christmas is full speed ahead, and I'm just trudging 10 steps behind, trying to catch up. I see everyone so excited about Christmas and it just makes me depressed. I can't feel the holiday excitement under all the stress that's caked on me like mud.

I have to finish half of my online course during the two weeks of winter break... That's A LOT of work! Holy! Can't wait till winter break and Christmas! That's when I'll being spending every waking second doing homework and finishing assignments! Yay! Fun...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.