Wednesday 18 March 2015

Cinderelly, Cinderelly

Cinderelly, Cinderelly. Night and day it's Cinderelly. Make the fire, fix the breakfast, wash the dishes, do the mopping.

I just watched the new live-aciton Cinderella film, and oh my beautiful blue ball gown, it was sooooo good!

Everything about it is so magical. It brings back so many memories.

I remember watching it a trillion times as a kid (the old animated film, not the new one). When I was three-ish, I would come home from daycare and ask my mom to put on Cinderella every single day. I loved it so much. Back then Cinderella, to me, was like Frozen, to every kid nowadays. I was OBSESSED with it! I would sing the songs, and dress like Cinderella, and pretend to clean the house like Cinderella. I loved Cinderella as much as every kid who loves Elsa or Anna. I even brought my Cinderella VHS tape to the daycare I attended so that I could watch it with all the other kids. I just loved it so much.

So now, having watched the new Cinderella, I feel like my love for the Disney princesses, especially Cinderella, has been revived. I just want to watch all the old Disney animated princess films again. If only I had the time for that...

Back to the new Cinderella film. I loved it so much! The second I finished watching the teaser trailer (it showed nothing but the glass slipper), I was already super pumped for the film. Then I watched the first real trailer when it was released, and I was so excited I couldn't even contain myself. A week ago, before the movie was released, I rewatched all the trailers and clips and everything. Just watching those 1-3 minute trailers and clips was enough to warm my heart and make me super excited to point where I couldn't function properly.

During the film, there had been so many times where I was on the verge of crying because Cinderella was my childhood, and revisiting that was just so emotional. And there were so many scenes where you could just see Cinderella's pain and everything she held locked up within her, and it's just so sad. And the ending made me almost cry too.

I already knew how the story was gonna go, but I still held my breath when Cinderella was running down the stairs to her carriage while the bell kept ringing, and I was still terrified when those guys went to her house with the glass slipper but she was locked up in her room and couldn't go down to try it. I still held my breath at all the right moments and I was still surprised at all the right moments. It was strange because I knew the story so well, yet I was still on the edge of my seat the whole time.

If anyone is a little skeptical about watching the film, don't be. Just watch it!

I wish the film wasn't so short, and I wish the film didn't end. I just want to be in the Cinderella world forever and watch the prince and Cinderella live happily ever after forever and forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.