Sunday 1 March 2015

Disorganized beyond repair

Everyone who knows me thinks that I'm super organized and I got my stuff together. But behind the scenes, I could possibly be one of the most disorganized people on the planet. I know some of you might think I'm exaggerating, and maybe you're right (I don't know...), but I'll tell you the extent of my messiness and you be the judge of how bad I really am.

So I think a few weeks ago, Starbucks emailed me (why I don't even know... How did they even get my email?) and said that I still have a gift card with $12 ish on it. They gave me a chain of numbers and was like revive your card. At first I was like what the? I don't even have any Starbucks cards. But then I looked through my wallet, and what do you know, there were THREE Starbucks cards in there. How did they even get there? 

So I looked at the card numbers at the back of the cards and none of them matched the one the email was talking about. By now, I've realized that if I don't find it, then I just lost $12 ish and that's a lot of moolah.

I went and looked through all my wallets, bags, etc and couldn't find any cards. Then I looked through my forever-messy desk. I found a lot of coupons, receipts, and a ton of gift cards everywhere. If I didn't look through everything to find the Starbucks card, I wouldn't have found so much stuff. I'm pretty sure the gift cards I found are either unused or have only been used once. I would have practically lost money if I didn't find them.

Anyways, I found a whole stack of Starbucks cards and a little post-it note that said check balance. So, great! Now I had to check like 10 ish Starbucks cards' balances to see if there was more hidden money. But first I had to try to log in to my Starbucks account, which I haven't used since forever. I couldn't figure out my username. And when I finally did, I couldn't figure out my password. I knew I should have written it down somewhere... But maybe I did write it down, I just didn't know where I put it...

After 10 years of searching and resending passwords and usernames, I finally logged in to my Starbucks account. But then I had to register all the balance-unknown cards and do all this extra stuff just to find out how much money was in the cards. And almost all of them were empty, so I did all that work for nothing.

One thing lead to another. If I didn't go around looking for that Starbucks card, I wouldn't have discovered a whole other world of stuff under all the papers and pens and other stuff on my desk! It's like I just rediscovered all the stuff that I have. It's amazing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.