Wednesday 11 March 2015

Effective ways to procrastinate

I'd like to start off by saying that I'm the self-appointed connoisseur of procrastination. That means I know what I'm saying and if you want to learn the art of procrastination, I can be your go-to source. I got your back.

Tip #1: The internet.
I don't know if you know this, but there's something called the internet. It's fantastic. The world is practically at your fingertips. It literally has everything. Okay, so once you've found the internet, search up anything. The most random thing ever. This will help with distracting yourself. Search anything, but don't you dare search up anything that has to do with your homework or what you need to get done. Just don't do it. I know it's tempting, but try to control yourself. I've found that wikipedia is a great site to go on. Search up any old random thing on there. The journey is yours to discover from there. You can read stuff, and click link after link after link, and go on a wikipedia adventure and learn about the most random and useless stuff there is to know.

Tip #2: Tumblr.
I swear, Tumblr is the holy grail you've been looking for. I promise you, Tumblr will be your best friend when it comes to procrastinating. If you have Tumblr, then you're already on the bandwagon, and you can go straight to tip #3. If you don't have Tumblr, but you want to get in on the action, here's what you need to do. First, search up Tumblr on that internet thing I was talking before. Click on the "Tumblr: Sign up" link. Then all you have to do is sign up. Create a blog. Make it all pretty if you want. And then follow some cool blogs (maybe check out mine while you're at it: sea-of-tainted-stars). The final step is simple (you can't possibly mess up), start scrolling through your dashboard, and look at the stuff that the blogs you just followed are posting, maybe reblog stuff. Once you get everything set up, Tumblr will do the rest. It's a no brainer. All you're literally doing is looking at pictures and maybe reading some stuff. I swear, there's something about Tumblr that just... I don't know... it's like wizardry. You could be on Tumblr for 5 mins "just checking stuff" and the next thing you know, you look at the clock and 2 hours have gone by.

Tip #3: Naps.
This is the one tip that I both recommend and warn people about. On one end, it can be amazing and you can waste an hour or two just by catching up on sleep. It's like killing 2 birds with 1 stone, procrastinate and get some sleep, it's a win-win situation. But on the other end, it will screw up your sleep schedule like nothing else. I would know... Nonetheless, naps know how to kill time and that's all that matters. For procrastinators, like me, it's effortless. All I have to do is grab a blanket and a pillow, close my eyes, and done. I can literally nap for 2 hours just by lying on the floor/carpet. It's crazy. There is nothing easier than just lying down and closing your eyes. Sleep will take over your mind and it's guaranteed to effectively waste your time.

Tip #4: Youtube.
Another thing that does wonders when you need to procrastinate is Youtube. You can find it on the internet, in case you're wondering where you can find it. Youtube is a great way to distract your mind from the task at hand. You can watch anything on there! Often when I have nothing to do (because I've already taken a nap, and gone on Tumblr and the interwebs) and I need to procrastinate, I will head straight to Youtube. I will watch a bunch of movie trailers if I have to; I will watch all the trailers and clips for a particular movie before moving on to the next movie trailer. It's strange, I know. I also love discovering new youtubers. Why? Because then I could binge watch all their videos and waste a whole chunk of time. How to find new youtubers? You could go to your subscriptions and see what those youtubers watch and see who they collaborate with and stuff like that. It's easy! You'll get the hang of procrastinating!

I've got plenty of tips up my sleeve, but then this post will be super long, and who likes reading long posts.

Happy procrastinating!

(Note: just to be clear, if you haven't already caught my drift, I'm being completely sarcastic. Don't procrastinate! It may be fun at first, but it will come back to stab you in the back! Trust me. I get stabbed by procrastination everyday. It's like that toxic friend that's nice to you in the beginning, but after awhile, gets tired of you and is completely and impossibly mean to you.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.