Friday 13 March 2015

Nosy people all up in my face

I think I might be a little too nice, a little too polite and people just think that they can be all up in my face and in my business and I won't get mad. But surprise, I do get mad.

I don't know where you are in the world, but likely it's university application season if you're finishing high school. I, for one, am done all my applications, but I have to submit marks and all that stuff so I'm not completely done.

So, there I was at school, checking over everything, making sure my grades on the unofficial transcript match the ones on the official one and doing all this tedious stuff. I have my laptop faced away from the other people at my table so that no one can see my stuff, because grades and personal information is, well, personal. And for my eyes and the evaluators' eyes only. But some people just don't get it.

I was working away, double checking for like the hundredth time to make sure everything is right, and this girl comes up to me and just looks over my shoulder at my laptop screen. At first I thought she wanted to ask about homework or something, but when I turned around, she was staring at the screen, reading all my personal info and my grades and my everything. Then she was like "hey, what are you doing?" in this causal, almost innocent voice like she didn't know what I was doing. Funny thing is she did know. I sat down and was like "no one talk to me for the next 10 minutes while I self report my grades" and I even looked right at her, because I know she has a tendency to be nosy. I'm not calling her nosy in a mean way... but... she's just a little too naturally nosy for my liking.

So when she was like "what are you doing?" while still reading all my stuff, in my head I'm like the hell do you think I'm doing?, but all I said was "self reporting" in a slightly annoyed voice, half hoping she would walk away from me. But NO! She then ask if she could see. If she could see my grades and personal info! Like are you kidding me?! In what world do you think I would be like yeah, sure, go ahead, look at all my PERSONAL INFO and my GRADES????? 

And at that point I was outright looking at her with the most annoyed, are-you-kidding face ever. I couldn't even control myself anymore, I was like "NO YOU CANNOT LOOK!", the anger was just unleashed. I try not to get too mad at people who ask stupid questions because there are no stupid questions. But asking to see my personal stuff is a stupid-ass question. The answer will always be no. N. O.

No.

I know that most people who are nosy aren't intentionally doing it, they're just naturally curious. But please! Can you not?

Next time something like this happens, I might turn into the Hulk or something and destroy the nosy person.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.