Friday 22 May 2015

Awkward exam confusion

Yesterday, I did the long-dreaded AP chemistry exam. And if you're interested or if you care, the exam was terrible, I'm convinced I got a bad mark, and I practically paid money to fail an exam...

So my exam was scheduled to start at 12, and I had AP chemistry class first block (but yesterday was an unofficial class) and spare second block, so I didn't go to school till 11:45. I slept in until 10:30 (I think), and everything was great.

Anyways, I got to school, and walked over to the gym, where the exams were being held. As I was approaching the entrance of the gym, I did't see ANYONE there. I was a little panicked. Okay, maybe everyone's already in there getting ready, or everyone's late, I thought to myself. I tried the door to the gym. Locked. Damn. Okay, don't panic, try the other door. Locked. Shit, what do I do??? I walked to the other gym, which is right beside the gym I needed to be in and there's a narrow hallway connecting them, and thought that the door to the little pathway would be unlocked, then I could get into the other gym (the one where exams were being held). It had to be unlocked. Nope, it was locked. I looked through the little slit of a window and saw that there were people inside the gym, WRITING THE EXAM. Shit! Am I late? Oh my goodness! They started without me!

At this point, I was not even trying to hide my panic. Luckily though, the PE classes were not in the gym so no one was there to witness my display of absolute hysteria and terror. They wouldn't start without me. Wait!!! Would they??!! NO! CALM DOWN! I can't! 

The PE teachers' office is right beside the hallway, and is also connected to both gyms. Should I? I shouldn't. But the teachers aren't there. They wouldn't mind if they knew my terrifying situation... Just as I was contemplating if I should go through the PE office and thinking of ways to break into the other gym, one of the PE teachers walked into the gym. I told him I needed to get into the gym because my AP chemistry exam was in there and it started at 12. He looked baffled for a second, probably because I must have looked super frantic and out right crazy.

But after a second, he nodded, walked over and unlocked to the door leading to the short hallway to the other gym. I walked into the gym, and everyone (okay, well not everyone, but a lot of people) looked up from their test and stared at me. Well, this is awkward... I went over to the teacher supervising the exam and she, too, stared at me for a second before doing anything. I told her I was writing the chemistry exam, and suddenly her eyes widened. Oh my God, I missed it, didn't I?! I'm too late! Kill me now!

"The AP chemistry exam hasn't started yet, the Calculus exam is running late." Oh thank the stars! I'm not late. It's okay, I'm okay. Then she told me the exam, my exam, wouldn't start till 12:45. So I thank her, I don't know why, and shamefully and embarrassingly walked out of the gym. I practically ran into the gym in a frenzy because I was completely clueless and didn't know when the real exam time was. I was so embarrassed.

You know why no one was waiting for the chemistry exam like me?? Because the people writing the AP chemistry exam were also writing the AP calculus exam. That's why there was nobody waiting with me. That's why I didn't know about the exam being pushed back. I was the only one writing ONLY the chemistry exam, and no one bother to inform me of the altered schedule. I had to embarrass myself to find out the exam was pushed back.

I'm pretty sure, everyone writing the calculus exam thought I was crazy. Panicked, frantic. I must have looked very funny... That was super embarrassing. I can't even say that was embarrassing enough times.

The awkward, embarrassing levels were sky high... Please, let no one remember my embarrassing confusion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.