Friday 19 June 2015

Empty words and missed opportunities

High school is over, which means YEARBOOKS.

It's always been such a weird thing (to me) to have everyone sign your yearbook. I'm not the most social person and I feel like I have an inability to make friends, so when I ask people to write in my yearbook or when someone asks me, I know that my words and theirs will mean very little.

After just having finished reading all the yearbook comments and notes, I don't know how I feel. For the most part, it appears that I'm most known as the "nice" girl and occasionally, the "funny" girl. Most of the messages are of people telling me I'm nice and kind, with a side note of HAGS.

It's just kind of funny to me when I see people write "I wish I got to know you better" or "because of this class I really got to know you better", or something along those lines. In my case, I KNOW, for a fact, that they don't really mean what they said. Everyone who wrote "I wish I got to know you better" has gone to school with me for the past 4-5 years. They're shitting me when they say they wanted to know me better. They had 4-5 years, and they never took the opportunity to get to know me. I never wrote "I wish I got to know you better" in anyone's yearbook because: 1) I wouldn't wish to get to know them, I would have actually done it if I really wanted to be their friend; 2) I don't want to tell them that I wanted to know them better but decided not to because they weren't worth it, because the phrase "I wish I got to know you better" essentially means that. And for most of those who said they really got to know me this year through some class, they are straight up lying to me. Most of them never exchanged more than 4 sentences with me, so how is that getting to know me better?

Most of these yearbook messages are just a big joke. People don't give a shit about me. But I don't care because right back at them. We were all just exchanging empty words, and trying to accumulate as many faux compliments as possible. The more you have the more popular you are.

I just wish that people were being honest when they wrote in my book. Instead of pretending to care, why can't they just write what they're really thinking? Maybe not if they're thinking something mean... Anyways you get my point. I think... Maybe...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.